10 Commandments of America
written by: Brian Wayne Smith
1. You shall have no other gods before me; the almighty dollar.
2. You shall not make idols; unless they are of the American kind.
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain; unless you’re angry and it slips from your lips. Then it’s all forgiven and the “New Testament” is applied.
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy; until you have a deadline that is more important than your God and your family.
5. Honor your father and your mother; until the divorce happens.
6. You shall not murder; unless you’re a solider going to war in the name of America.
7. You shall not commit adultery; unless you’re a “Christian” on Ashley Madison. Just ask Jesus for forgiveness and move on.
8. You shall not steal; unless you’re a corporate executive and can hide the cyber and paper trails.
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor; unless you’re trying to cover up your own crimes.
10. You shall not covet; unless you’re trying to keep up with the neighbors.
I'm a husband, father, business owner of BRAYNE, LLC, a clothing company that promotes positivity by way of fashion, a writer, a student and an electronic engineering test technician. Life is busy but I'm striving to live my dreams with my great family that I love deeply. There are times when I feel like a failure. Then I look at how many times I've fallen just to dust myself off and continue running the race. Now I can look around at my life and see that my "failures" were just locked doors that God wasn't ready to open yet.