Goose or Gander commentary at spillwords.com

Goose or Gander

Goose or Gander

written by Anne G

@TheInkTruth

 

Goose or gander?

I am very concerned.  Why? In recent days I have observed a series of events in which we the West have submitted to the will of Muslim/Islamic customs and religious traditions and the pressure of being politically correct.

The covered head of our female Navy soldier taken prisoner in Iranian waters did not go unnoticed. A makeshift hijab was haphazardly placed upon her head so that she would not offend the Iranian people.

Today, I read that Italy will cover all nude sculptures when the President of Iran visits the Pope in the Vatican City, Rome.

I have given much thought to this and many other instances in which, those of us that travel to Muslim countries are required to observe Muslim/Islamic laws and traditions. I question this because when the peoples of Muslim/Islamic nations come to our shores they dress freely in their traditional attire without fear of reproach, recrimination or condemnation.

My mention of this subject matter might seem petty but take a closer look at what is happening. We have been steadily giving in to “their” will and ways and have conceded to so much and ceded so much ground that I fear we are nearing the point of no return.

I truly believe that all cultures, religions and traditions should be respected but I firmly sustain respect must be reciprocal.

After all, isn’t what’s good for the goose, good for the gander?

Will we allow our goose to be cooked or will the gander join us at our table?

Latest posts by Anne G (see all)