Interview Q&A with William T Fearby
We offer our first and exclusive Q&A Interview with William T Fearby, a writer whose multiple literary works have been featured on our Spillwords pages as well as being Author of the Month of August 2017.
- What does it mean to be selected as August’s Author of The Month?
It is a great honour to be selected by your peers and recognized for your work.
- How have your hometown/family/friends influenced your writing?
I feel blessed that my family and friends have always been behind me pushing me to carry on telling me I'm good when sometimes I question myself.
- What inspires you to write?
My inspiration stems from many areas and times in my life. I have watched my daughter struggle with mental health issues that inspire me to try to raise awareness. I also nearly died in 2013 and wanted to leave a legacy for people to remember me by.
- What was your writing catalyst?
I suppose my catalyst has to be the ways that simple words can make a thing of beauty and meaning.
- Tell us a little bit about your writing process?
I never know what to expect when I start to write. I think I am writing about one thing then my thought process takes me in a totally different direction.
- What would you say is most fulfilling about writing?
The most fulfilling thing about writing for me is when people comment on my work and say my humble words have helped them.
- Does the addition of imagery help to tell your story?
I think the use of imagery helps to bring visual information to the reader and sets out the plot of your work.
- What is your favorite reading genre?
I have no favourite genre. I love to read anything from factual to fiction.
- What human being has inspired you the most?
The person who inspires me beyond belief is Stephen Hawkin. He doesn't know the word "can't". He is a true inspiration to mankind.
- What message would you have for the Spillwords Press community that voted for you?
I would love to thank all my friends, and all the many people on Spillwords who saw something in me to vote for me. I feel blessed to receive this fantastic accolade, and I truly thank Spillwords for supplying me with a great platform to share my humble work.
- What would you like your legacy as a writer to be?
To be remembered for trying to raise awareness on subjects considered somewhat taboo and also to reach out and touch peoples hearts.
- Is there anything else you would like to add?
I would like to add, to all of you people out there who think they can't write, please give it a try. They say there is a book waiting to be written by everyone. I always remember a famous saying by Confucius, "Every journey starts with one single step", so please take that single step. I can assure you that you will enjoy the journey.