Nurses, written by G David Schwartz at Spillwords.com

Nurses

Nurses

written by: G David Schwartz

 

A nurse is a profession within the health care sector focused on the care of individuals, families, and communities so they may attain, maintain, or recover optimal health and quality of life. Nurses may be differentiated from other health care providers by their approach to patients and their care. Nurses practice in many specialties. Many nurses provide care within the ordering scope of physicians, and this traditional role has shaped the public image of nurses as care providers. However, nurses are permitted by most jurisdictions to practice independently in a variety of settings depending on training level.

Nurses develop a plan of care, working collaboratively with physicians, therapists, the patient, the patient’s family and other team members, that focuses on treating illness to improve quality of life. In the United States and the United Kingdom, advanced practice nurses, such as clinical nurse specialists and nurse practitioners, diagnose health problems and prescribe medications and other therapies, depending on individual state regulations.

Nurses may help coordinate the patient care performed by other members of a multidisciplinary healthcare team such as therapists, medical practitioners, and dietitians. Nurses provide care both interdependently, for example, with physicians, and independently as nursing professionals.

In my personal opinion, not chauvinistic at all, most nurses, with a few exceptions, are supremely wise, bodaciously nice, and outstandingly good to look at. You can see the kindness arise from their hands and hover near the ceiling.

I have never been with or near a nurse who avoided talking with me, and not just about medical issues. I once knew a nurse, a few years younger than I, who each day we were together would test me, or tease me on old bands, like the Beatles, The Dave Clark Five and The Crack Of Dawn. She was extremely knowledgeable and would answer every question I tested her with. And she aggregated puns and pendants, so she would give a delightful chuckle at my remark that test and tease are so closely related that they must be related.

So if my favorite nurse is here, beautiful in wisdom and delicious in memory and intelligence I simply wish to say thank you for your professionalism and your ability and I know many would wish to say this to you but they either are not here today or are not on this stage.

And just one more thing I would like to say, Dave was better than Ricard S. (Ringo) in almost every way.

Latest posts by G David Schwartz (see all)