This entry is part 67 of 70 in the series Spotlight On Writers
FavoriteLoadingAdd to favorites

Spotlight On Writers

Bitupan Das

@bitupon.das

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?

I'm from Jorhat, India. A small city full of beautiful people!

  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

Beautiful people, more beautiful dance (Bihu folk dance), Bihu Pitha, Assam Tea, Kaziranga National Park (One horned rhinoceros, only found here), Majuli Island (World's largest riverine island).

But now I'm residing here in Durgapur, place of world poet Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore (Gitanjali).

That was about the physical place. But, I live in a world full of imagination and I like it, to explore new things, new ideas, new dreams, and new adventures. Though I'm a homeless solivagant time traveler, now, I'm finding something, where I really want to rest in the evening. Even the free heart singing birds come back home, when the sun says goodbye, after a whole day playing with the breeze across the sky.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

Solitude!

Solitude makes me do what really I am! When I hold her hand, I can't stop myself but to dance and dance, and sing my heart out.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

"LOVE"

Love, don't make me rob,
I'm not a thief,
Please don't cut my throat.

  1. What is your pet peeve?

Stupid exams!!!

I don't know if exams cheat us or we cheat exams?

Do or Die!!!

I think 90% will agree with me. For the rest 10%, "BABA JI KA THULLU".

(I will write a book on, “New creative ways to cheat in the exam hall-for those lazy asses!” 😝.)

  1. What defines Bitupan Das? 

Bitupan- Assamese name, meaning beautiful. And I want to see the same in this world. This life is so beautiful, such a wonderful world. So I want to make this world more Bitupan. A better place to live in!

Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Eliza SegietSpotlight On Writers – Alexa Cleasby >>
Bitupan Das

Bitupan Das

Hi, I'm Bitupan Das, born and brought up in a small city Jorhat, India. Mechanical Engineer by profession, Art lover by heart. And sometimes, I like to do everything. I write poems, stories, play cricket, entrepreneur, introvert. Above all I just like do thinking and thinking. So, deep thinker and dreamer. And I want to change the world with my ideas.
Bitupan Das

Latest posts by Bitupan Das (see all)

Read previous post:
El Féretro written by José A Gómez at Spillwords.com
El Féretro

El Féretro a short story written by: José A Gómez   Esto sucedio en el año 1955, el sitio, una antigua...

Close