Spotlight On Writers - Christina Strigas at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Christina Strigas

Spotlight On Writers

Christina Strigas

@christinastriga

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?

I was born in Montreal, Quebec. My parents were born in Greece and came to Canada in the early 60’s.

  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?
The greatest thing about Montreal, is the nightlife, the restaurants, coffee shops and Mont-Royal Mountain. This city is always alive with action, especially in the summer. It is vibrant, diverse, European. Everyone speaks French and English and at times it separates us and other times it unites us. Quebec is definitely a distinct society, different from the rest of Canada. I also feel as if Greece is partly my home, being raised with the Greek culture and traditions as well. Every time I go to Greece, I feel as if it is my second home. So in essence, I have two homes, one is like my distant lover and the other the love of my life. Cities have a life of their own. However, if there were one city that I felt complete in, from a young age, it would have to be NYC.
  1. What turns you on creatively?
Creatively, all of life turns me on. It could be the sunsets, novels, poems, graffiti, moments in time. I focus a lot on time and place. When I am somewhere, I take in all my surroundings like a child and I save them, tuck them away in a safe place, to recall or rewrite in a poem. Creatively, I need a paper and pen or a laptop and music. I probably have 7 muses and each representing their own tragedies! Philosophy and poetry inspire me hourly.
  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

My favourite word without a doubt is: Serendipity. I love this word for all it stands, for and all it represents.
If I want to use it in a poetic sentence:

serendipity describes how I stare at you
in the middle of New York
without a clue
of how you can love me back
without ever meeting me.

I just made that up and I don’t even know if it makes sense, but that is the beauty about poetry, most of the time, I don’t want it to make sense to anybody or let the reader make sense of my nonsensical thoughts.

  1. What is your pet peeve?
My pet peeve is being misunderstood on a daily basis, which happens often.
  1. What defines Christina Strigas? 
I am not sure if one thing defines Christina Strigas, but the one thing that I know is she is a free spirit in all she does and loves passionately.
 
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Rando MithloSpotlight On Writers – Keith Hoerner >>
Latest posts by Christina Strigas (see all)
This publication is part 47 of 396 in the series Spotlight On Writers