Spotlight On Writers - Geovanni Villafañe at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Geovanni Villafañe

Spotlight On Writers

Geovanni Villafañe

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?

I was born in Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico. (River Rock) La Isla Del Encanto (The Island of Enchantment) Tropical Paradise of the West Indies. The Salsa Runs Through The Blood in My Veins. White Sand Beaches, Beautiful Tropical Mountains (El Campo) My Family moved to Houston, Tx when I was three. Which I Believe I’m As Much A Texan. I spent some summers in Puerto Rico as a kid. Mainly grew up in Texas. Southern Charm In My Heart. Luckily music, dancing, great homemade food, tradition, respect and love exists in both places. Culture is important in Creating Our Lives.

  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

In Puerto Rico it was the mountains. My aunt had a house high in the mountains. Miles of hand laid brick roads leading  up to her place. Being able to walk down to the little bodega (store) buy an ice cold Malta and walk down to the river. Water clear, clean and just as cold as the soda in eighty degree weather. Filled with boulders you could traverse from one to the other.

In Texas, it’s how the people maintain courtesy, respect, traditional values and morality. A wide variety of cultures and people. Growing up in both urban and rural areas throughout my life makes Texas the perfect place for me.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

Subjects others are afraid to speak of.  Acknowledgement of those subjects and situations that effect the masses. Whether politically, economically or socially. Pointing out the wrongs done to others. Emotions are a big one too. There’s nothing like playing out those moments that have happened to yourself or others to bring forth a realness in your writing.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

Faith.

Ups and downs, I’ve gone round and round from my shipwrecked ways to more positive days, I’ve managed to remain the same in caring though my God given Faith.

  1. What is your pet peeve?

Those who mistreat others. Especially praying on weaker people than themselves. (Bullies) Belittling others. Hypocrisy is a big one too. I can’t stand when people preach to others about things they themselves do.

  1. What defines Geovanni Villafañe? 

My highest of highs and lowest of lows. Believe me when I say I have had plenty of both. Every moment has been a learning experience and lesson. Knowing that I can’t change the past while reflecting on how it has made me who I am. There were many times throughout my life that I don’t know how I survived. So I have a great appreciation for the life I have left to live. I want to be a positive influence in others through my writing and actions. I am more of a loner, but I can adapt easily to any situation when needed. Honest. Sometimes too honest I definitely speak my mind and I consider myself somewhat of an Intellectual. I love to learn. No one knows everything.

Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Jan SmithSpotlight On Writers – Phyllis P. Colucci >>
Latest posts by Geovanni Villafañe (see all)
This publication is part 15 of 392 in the series Spotlight On Writers