Spotlight On Writers
The interview is featured below the questions in the form of a poem.
- Where, do you hail from?
- What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?
- What turns you on creatively?
- What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?
- What is your pet peeve?
- What defines Marie Scampini/MZ CLARKE?
I hail from the not so
yet sometimes uproarious Upstate New York
Perhaps only notorious
for its fleet of feet of winter snow
Now my home is wherever my dreams are awake
rising in the morning hungry to interview the world
capturing its vastest dark and most radiant light
My creativity is activated in reality by significant events
or daily rants in morning traffic my common sense needs to vent
Let me ask you a question: Why is two minutes in the morning so small
and two minutes at night so big – a concert of concentrated thought –
as I carpool my orchestra home
I have too many favorite words to choose just one
but here are a few on which I chew:
salvation's sound is the pristine
off my soul
through flying finger birds
onto the computer screen
All my pet peeves are the grains of sand that I hope to turn into pearls
I am defined by my words that I cement with actions to make the world
a better place
I hope to speak, defend and honor those who in fear and silence
need a comforting voice from outer space to reach them with a nodding smile:
"I understand. Hang on. It is all worthwhile"
Marie Scampini aka MZ Clarke writes poetical fiction, poetry, horror and scifi, currently writing the Rebelectric Zombie series as a TV pilot entitled Flying Dead.
Latest posts by Marie Scampini/MZ Clarke (see all)
- REBELECTRIC ZOMBIE – METAMORPH CLONES II - January 4, 2018
- REBELECTRIC ZOMBIE – METAMORPH CLONES - November 30, 2017
- REBELECTRIC ZOMBIE – PRELUDE TO EVOLUTION TO CLONE DRONE - November 14, 2017