Spotlight On Writers - Rebecca Lombardo at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Rebecca Lombardo

Spotlight On Writers

Rebecca Lombardo

@BekaLombardo

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?

I live in the city I grew up in Farmington Hills, Michigan. We tried other cities, but we’re 5 minutes away from my elderly father, and when my mom was alive, I got to see her much more. I’m thrilled to be this close.

  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

The greatest thing about my home is my husband. He has been there for me for 15 years, dealing with my bipolar disorder, among other things. Despite suffering from bipolar, we do have a great life together. We just clicked. His calm balances out my crazy! Of course, I can’t leave out our 4 legged babies. We have 5 cats!

  1. What turns you on creatively?

I’m not going to lie; this question confuses me a bit. I don’t think I can pinpoint any one thing that makes me feel creative. It sort of hits when it wants to. Sometimes, I can think of one word, or one phrase and turn that into an entire blog post. It’s like a lightning strike.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

I’m assuming this can’t be a swear word? I’m kidding, I really do have a vocabulary.
It’s funny, my favorite word often changes. I may watch a movie and hear a line I love, then go write it down. The other day it was irksome.

While at first I found you tremendously irksome
You’ve broken down my walls and found parts of me I only show some

  1. What is your pet peeve?

People that assume because someone is acting “crazy” that they’re bipolar, and that they know how someone with the condition would act. All that’s out there are stigmas and stereotypes, and I get so frustrated that people buy into it.

  1. What defines Rebecca Lombardo?

At heart, I am an incredibly nice person, and I’ll do just about anything for people I care about, until they decided to be ungrateful, rude, or nasty. Unfortunately, if you do come at me negatively about me or my family, I will lose it. Sometimes I am loyal to a fault. I think my sense of humor defines me quite a bit along with my sarcasm and cynicism. I would really like to be known as a good writer, and I think that might be happening now. I don’t want to be known as just someone with bipolar disorder. I’m a human being just like anyone else.

Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Ian MichaelSpotlight On Writers – TM DiSarro >>
Latest posts by Rebecca Lombardo (see all)
This publication is part 24 of 396 in the series Spotlight On Writers