The Constitution of Hetman by Anne G at spillwords.com Ukraine The First European Constitution

The Constitution of Pylyp Orlyk

The Constitution of Pylyp Orlyk

An Anne G

Original U-Blog

In the year 1710, The Constitution of Pylyp Orlyk or Pact and Constitutions of Rights and Freedoms of the Zaporizhian Host (Ukraine) was penned by newly instated Hetman, Pylyp Orlyk, a Cossack of Ukraine, at the time within the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.

The Pact established a democratic standard for the separation of powers in government between the legislative, executive, and judiciary branches; not unlike our constitution today. Within Articles 1 through 3 of the Pact their is an expression for the need of exclusion of Russia from the affairs of Ukraine and Crimea. Articles 4 through 5 the Hetman is required “to expel, with the help of Charles XII, the Russians from Zaporozhian (Ukrainian) territories.”

From Peter II to Stalin to Putin a clear pattern emerges and is visible to the reader. Throughout the centuries, Russia has failed to recognize the will of the people of the Ukraine to remain a sovereign nation.

A quote comes to mind … “Don’t be a sore loser.”

Russia must come to the realization that, you cannot lose what does not belong to you.

The Soviet Union collapsed because theirs was a union born of aggression, invasion, coercion and, an unholy alliance made by world leaders playing chess.

What remains to be said is:

#stopRussianaggression #stopPutin #freeUkraine #saveGeorgia #preserveEurope

 

Latest posts by Anne G (see all)