Your Own Outside Perspective, by Angel Daemon at Spillwords.com

Your Own Outside Perspective

Your Own Outside Perspective

written by: Angel Daemon

@BlutengelDaemon

 

There are methods to madness and madness to methods.

I typically fall in the latter category because of how my brain is wired. Maybe I was born with loose wiring, maybe it was continuous drug use as a teenager or maybe my upbringing made me crazy. Now I am not one of those people who brag about being weird and all of that. I just know that I had that label since a kid. I was called crazy since middle school as well. Being crazy has advantages and disadvantages. The disadvantages are that you tend to react differently to problems, anger, sadness and annoyance. I am guilty of these very things. As a writer I have to channel many emotions into my characters. Some personal, some not.

Sometimes you react in such ways because maybe you never felt that type of emotion before. Maybe what is normalcy for you is insanity and stupidity to others. If you are like me, you do not have many people in your life. Maybe the venue for venting is on social media where it is difficult to trust and easier to mistrust. So what do you do when your reactions have caused damage? The “No-coming-back” type of damage. Better yet, how can you possibly prevent it? I have a possible solution. Now you don’t have to be a writer to do this but this can give you an idea.

As I said, I channel some personal emotions into my stories because it makes it more impactful and relatable. One of my most recent short stories I input a “scene” where the character had drank too much when he never really wanted to. He ingested some pills in a specific way that is beyond natural and just had a mental breakdown.

So after writing it (while sober, I might add) I stopped, did other things. When I begin writing after a break, I reread it all just to make sure I don’t leave key details out. When I reread this, it put a lot in perspective. I broke down as I saw who I became at my lowest moment. Who did I become? What I strived my entire life NOT to be! I didn’t even realize I scolded myself in my story for such behavior. Point being is you need to stop and take a look at your actions and reactions from an outside perspective even If the perception is your own. Although it has only been a couple of months (As of this writing), I have become stronger and wiser simply by reading my own personal description.

So whether you write your own actions in the form of a story, a journal, notations or maybe a venting session to a friend in the form of text/posts/tweets, reread them. You just may save your own life, may save a relationship of any kind, or strengthen yourself simply for just yourself. Remember perception is reality. Make it a good one.

Latest posts by Angel Daemon (see all)