Spotlight On Writers - Antony King, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Antony King

Spotlight On Writers

Antony King

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?

My formal years were spent in Cleveland Ohio. A magical place for culture, art, and music. There was always something going on every weekend. From concerts to art exhibits, and sports. Cleveland has always been home to many different ethnic groups… being raised Sicilian, One felt right at home. I have lived in several beautiful states, but for the last 15 years, have lived in the Bluegrass state. Kentucky.

  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

Kentucky is a bordering southern state, but don’t tell them that. Southern hospitality is a specialty in which this grand old lady knows too well. The people are genuine, and friendships are made from the comfort of a chair. Besides being a beautiful state, it is a wonderful place to raise a family. The Appalachian Mountains with their rich heritage and down-home ways are pure magic. My family and I live in the midst of a long running family farm in a very rural part of eastern Kentucky. The closest town would not be considered a metropolis because we only have two red lights and one caution light. It is small town living. Church bells ring every Sunday and it is hard to find an excuse for not showing up. Especially when there are at least 15 churches in the immediate area. Our home is modest as are the people living in it. We wake to deer grazing in the fields and the occasional fox running from a hen house. At night there is a solitude and a feeling of peacefulness. As the Whippoorwills sing a song in the distance, you can close your eyes and your heart will know it is at home.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

Honestly, my creativity comes in many forms. It could be something as simple as the beauty of a photograph, or spark from a conversation with a friend or a colleague. Words have always been art to me and there is art everywhere if one has an open mind.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

I think being an artist and a poet, my favorite word would be ‘’hues.’’ It can describe many things. From the simplicity of color, to a descriptive field of summer flowers to the leaves that fall in Autumn.

Withered hands that tremble, Obey the masters view…With each transcending stroke, Unfolds the vivid hues

  1. What is your pet peeve?

The lack of exposure our children are getting in the wondrous world of literature. Poetry has ceased to exist in many classrooms, and schools as a whole. The classics that paved the way for so many writers are no longer seen, or taught, and have been replaced by the internet.

  1. What defines Antony King? 

My passion for not only the written word, but all areas where creativity can be found. Music, art, or photography, anything where my creativity flows freely, and magic can be made.

Latest posts by Antony King (see all)
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – DedhedpoetSpotlight On Writers – Chasity Gaines >>
This publication is part 111 of 396 in the series Spotlight On Writers