Spotlight On Writers - Hedgehog at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Hedgehog

Spotlight On Writers

hedgehog

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?
I hail from Cardiff, Wales.
  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

There are several things that make Cardiff unique; there is the development of Cardiff Bay into a vibrant tourist area. In the centre of Cardiff there is the Principality Stadium which is the home of Welsh Rugby and not far from that is Cardiff Castle (Welsh: Castell Caerdydd) a medieval castle and Victorian Gothic revival mansion located in the city centre of Cardiff, Wales. The original motte and bailey castle was built in the late 11th century by Norman invaders on top of a 3rd-century Roman Fort.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

Apart from my new found love of poetry and writing short stories I have a workshop where I lose myself in woodturning and sympathetically renovating Victorian Writing Slopes, also making the dip pens from either wood, swan feathers or bone to accompany them.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

I love the word “solitude” as I spend long hours on my own either in my workshop or when I am writing completely at ease with myself and my surroundings.

“My mind stands still as I sit and ponder
On words I’ll write as my mind will wander
When all alone I can then allude
Why I accept and like this solitude”

  1. What is your pet peeve?

There are many things with modern life that I am not comfortable with, but, the one thing that I find really irritating is the use of the mobile phone when you are in company. We regularly dine out and we as a group have come to an understanding that all mobile phones are switched off for the duration of the time we are together.

  1. What defines hedgehog? 

I find this difficult to answer, but, I am “Old School” so politeness is a must, never swear and treat everyone with respect. These I feel are the fundamentals of my long and happily married life.

Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Marc BrightsideSpotlight On Writers – Emily Vieweg >>
Latest posts by hedgehog (see all)
This publication is part 66 of 396 in the series Spotlight On Writers