Spotlight On Writers - H.M. Gautsch, an interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – H.M. Gautsch

Spotlight On Writers

H.M. Gautsch

@GautschHM

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?

I was born and raised in west central Wisconsin around the very small town of Taylor, now with maybe an estimate population of 500? It doesn’t matter where I am in this world, I remain as a true country girl at heart.

  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

The coined phrase is, “Home is Where The Heart Is…” and for me, my Vibe Tribe is my heart. So, it’s not a location or a place, per say, but of the people that I hold dearly in my life as my Tribe. I’m a very lucky individual as my Tribe resides all around the world.

The greatest thing about that is, as a kindred spirit, you can go and be wherever you want to be, but no matter what, you are never alone in this world and you are loved and cared for by someone.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

Anything that revolves around art (film, music, books), love, my philosophy, my spirituality, or even my mental health, itself, can turn me on creatively. I write about anything that I feel will appease the readers and hopefully inspire someone to grow and evolve.

I’m an expressionist and poetry allows me to defuse any emotion, positively or negatively, I may be overwhelming myself with at that current state of mind and heart I may be feeling or thinking about. It’s surely my muse.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

My favorite word, of all words, is ‘Fuck’ (laughs).

Sentence: “The shock value with the amount of uses of the word fuck, the masses are thunderstruck; but for me, it’s just another dictionary word to express us with a little emphasis.”

  1. What is your pet peeve?

I have a few pet peeves, but the biggest pet peeve is individuals who intend to be someone they’re not just to fit in. I am nowhere talking about lost souls, because we’ve all been there, but I can’t stand fake-ness.

I have a lone wolf mentality.

I am an individual who embraces my own authenticity as a “badass unicorn” as I have been coined by both terms. So, yeah, let’s blend them together!

I do not feel the need to get lost in my soul just to appease others and try to define myself as someone I’m not just by the idea of being “popular.” I’ve already been there and done that, and it was surely a miserable time.

I wish more people in this world could embrace and love their own authenticity more and stop allowing others to put them in a box. Being different from the rest… That’s what makes you stand out as a human being and as a brand in your marketing as an artist.

  1. What defines H.M. Gautsch?

Four words define me. Hope, Courage, Vulnerability, and Beauty.

I’ve had a lot of tribulations and trials in my life, and if you sat down and listened to my story someday, you’d have the same reaction as so many others and be so profound about how I am still standing today.

I am an artist who battles depression, anxiety, ADD, and PTSD on a day to day basis from my childhood trauma with sexual assault, my military experience as a combat veteran serving under OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM, and anything other situation I may have found myself in through the darkness of my journey in life.

I am not afraid to speak out on my imperfections, as well as, the trauma I lived through, because at the end of the day, if I reached out to someone and got them to feel the pain or even inspire the slightest joy through my words, I’ve done what I was sent to this world to do. I found my purpose, by discovering my strength in my writing and art.

Latest posts by H.M. Gautsch (see all)
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Tim GardinerSpotlight On Writers – David Wagoner >>
This publication is part 144 of 393 in the series Spotlight On Writers