Spotlight On Writers - Ipsita Banerjee at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Ipsita Banerjee

Spotlight On Writers

Ipsita Banerjee

@ipsyb

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?

I am from Calcutta, India. The city has now been renamed “Kolkata” but to me it will always remain Calcutta!

  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?
Home, they say, is where the heart is. And my heart travels the world and finds its home in the laughter of my children, on the wings of a spark of light, in the arms of the dusk. What I love about my home? The freedom. To come and go as I please.
  1. What turns you on creatively?
There are no walls. Anything can inspire. I can go for days having not written a thing and then spend one morning with five different things rattling in my head. I don’t really know how it works. But yes, I am “turned on” by silence, by moonlight, by water.
  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?
Just one favorite word? Are we trying to build walls to box me in? There are so many, but I’ll give you one, one of many: filigree.
 
“Each of our loves leaves its imprint on our souls in thin filigrees of blood, some so pale that they can scarcely be seen,”
  1. What is your pet peeve?
Modern texting language like “grt news whn cn I c u?” and Bengali/Hindi written in the English script. As soon as I spot any of those you can bet I will not read it … much less reply to it.
  1. What defines Ipsita Banerjee? 
Irreverent. Spontaneous. Moody.
 
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Jose A. TovarSpotlight On Writers – James Dean Collins >>
Latest posts by Ipsita Banerjee (see all)
This publication is part 44 of 396 in the series Spotlight On Writers