Spotlight On Writers - Liam Flanagan, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Liam Flanagan

Spotlight On Writers

Liam Flanagan

@LFlanaga

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?
I hail from Galway on the west coast of Ireland along the Atlantic Coast. It is a beautiful place to live and I would consider it the perfect location except for the weather which is sporadic at best!
The city has a history of Arts and Culture and is a popular tourist destination. There are plenty of beaches and it is very easy to get a good pint of Guinness in the numerous pubs which can be found in the city.
  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

The greatest thing about Galway is its uniqueness and diversity. There is a rich sporting tradition and a vibrant musical and theatrical scene. Galway also has a reputation as being a very attractive place to visit because of the scenic beauty and its lively nightlife as well.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

Creatively I find inspiration from a number of sources. Mental health is a big thing for me so a number of poems are on this theme and I find it cathartic to write about it also. I have an interest in writing about politics and social issues. Some of the work is humorous and can often be philosophical in nature.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

Quality. The reason being my favourite book is ‘Zen and the Art of Motorcycle’ written by Robert Pirsig. It is a word which you hear being used often but very hard to define. In a poetic sentence:

‘In essence to be a person of Quality one must be full of goodness and always act with truth and integrity’.

  1. What is your pet peeve?

Lies! I would go as far as to say I hate it when somebody is lying to me. It insults my intelligence and results in dislike and distrust. I think the world would be a better place if people told the truth and were honest at all times.

  1. What defines Liam Flanagan?

I see myself as a person of strength and integrity. I hope those that know me would consider me to be kind, loving and a good human being. I also like to think that my poetry brings joy and solace and has a positive impact on people’s lives.

Latest posts by Liam Flanagan (see all)
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Kate MacDonaldSpotlight On Writers – Jackie Chou >>
This publication is part 306 of 392 in the series Spotlight On Writers