Spotlight On Writers
- Where, do you hail from?
I am originally from Columbia, South Carolina. My wife and I currently call Alexandria, Virginia home. We have also lived in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
- What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?
Diversity. We love the “DMV”, the “District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia area”, because of the diversity of culture, creativity, and opportunities.
- What turns you on creatively?
Creation makes me want to be creative. Taking snapshots of reality with words, capturing a moment, an emotion, or a scene, is what motivates me to write poetry.
- What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?
One of my favorite words is “restore.”
Time had taken its toll, and nature sought to reclaim the old home—there in the forest all alone—until time and circumstances made it all new, from ceiling, to wall, to wall, to floor, and a welcoming open door—restore!
- What is your pet peeve?
I am greatly disturbed by apathy. Life is so precious and opportunities to live and to serve are infinite. When I see apathy, carelessness, or disregard, it disturbs me deeply.
- What defines Robbie Pruitt?
I am a follower of Jesus.
Latest posts by Robbie Pruitt (see all)
- Sun Rays - November 28, 2022
- Flower From Fissure - August 1, 2022
- Fire in The Trees - May 26, 2022