A Mother's Love is Forever, poetry by Cindy Georgakas at Spillwords.com
Ralph Nas

A Mother’s Love is Forever

A Mother’s Love is Forever

written by: Cindy Georgakas

 

Today, tomorrow, and forever I will love you. I loved you before you were born. You are the seed of hope for better tomorrows.
A mother’s heart is a vessel to hold your spirit, your hopes, and dreams so you can sail to your own drummer and aspirations.
There is no purer love than a mother who loves you and wants only the best for you and lets you go to live your life, your way.
When you looked into my eyes do you remember eternity? There is no here or there. Dip into the well when you forget who you are.
I will always remind you. You are the moon and the stars. The day you were born, heaven was happy, and the world rejoiced.
You brought your own special stamp of joy to the word mother. Your bright light, coos, laughter, tears, contentment, and curiosity.
Your laugh is contagious, your spirit, a blessing. Each of you unique, lighting up the world with your luminous existence & mine.
You make the world a better place with your gifts that only you can give. When you’re happy the world’s happy. Be happy.
Not for the world or for me but because you deserve it. You have taught me the true meaning of unconditional love.
And to my mother who sacrificed her needs for mine, loved me at my best, my worst and let me fly through the sun and the storm.
I love you!

Subscribe to our Newsletter at Spillwords.com

NEVER MISS A STORY

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER AND GET THE LATEST LITERARY BUZZ

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Latest posts by Cindy Georgakas (see all)