Interview Q&A with Ger White, a writer at Spillwords.com

Interview Q&A With Ger White

Interview Q&A with Ger White

 

We offer our first and exclusive Q&A Interview with Ger White, a writer whose literary works have been featured on our Spillwords pages as well as being Author of the Month of April 2020.

 

  1. What does it mean to be selected as Author of The Month?

It has been fabulous. It has boosted my confidence as a writer and poet to new heights. It feels so great to be celebrated as a Writer and to have “arrived” at this plateau. It’s a dream come true to sit amongst other great writers and poets.

  1. How have your friends and/or family influenced your writing?

Family most definitely. My Dad was a writer, poet and playwrite. Writing was where we could share our ideas. I am lucky to have grown up in a literate family. All my sisters write and family gatherings turn into poetry readings and stories! My friends have formed a Poetry Evening once a month where we share the spoken word.

  1. What inspires you to write?

I write to bring joy to others. And also I write to continue a Celtic tradition of writing and to restore past traditions to life. To bring a continuity from past through present putting some beauty there for the future.

  1. What was your writing catalyst?

Sharing writing in a Creative Writing Group – Joined a Creative Writing Group in my late 20s. Was delightfully surprised to notice that others enjoyed what I had written. It was a turning point.

  1. Tell us a little bit about your writing process?

I write best in early mornings. I listen out for a good phrase or idea. I let that brew around my mind for a day or so. I think about it before bed, and by morning it is all there ready to be written!

  1. What would you say is most fulfilling about writing?

Sharing and seeing the joy or other emotion on readers faces and knowing that I was part of creating that. I have always loved words and the English language and it is fulfilling to be able to use words freely. When I am writing, I come alive and feel really free.

  1. Does the addition of imagery help to tell your story?

Yes – I am told I write using broad colourful strokes. I have loved the pictures that Spillwords have matched to my writings. They have been perfect in bringing forth the desired effect I had intended to create. Thank your creative folks for that!

  1. What is your favorite reading genre?

I started out as a kid reading all Enid Blyton mysteries and Comics! I like romance and travel. Recently I am reading much more fantasy and enjoying that.

  1. What human being has inspired you the most?

My Dad! Gave me everything. Courage, Endurance, Spirit. He worked hard and played hard. He loved people and he knew how to have fun. Seamus Heaney would be my next inspiration – love his honest writing style.

  1. What message would you have for the Spillwords Press community that voted for you?

Thank you so much for believing in me. You have given me strength and confidence to carry on creating and writing.

  1. What would you like your legacy as a writer to be?

I want to leave a legacy of values. My poems have little morals of how to live. A legacy of being kind to each other.

  1. Is there anything else you would like to add?

Thank you Spillwords for this honour and for this Springboard into the Real world of Creative Writing. I hope to bring pleasure through writing for many years to come.

Latest posts by Ger White (see all)