Spotlight On Writers - Debbie Aruta at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Debbie Aruta

Spotlight On Writers

Debbie Aruta

@Debbie_Aruta

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?

Originally, many moons ago, from Dunellen, NJ. Now I reside in Warner Robins, Ga. I have lived in NJ, PA, MD, FL, GA, and Germany. I resided in Germany for four years and got to travel all over Europe. Georgia, to me, has a feeling of sweet southern charm and made me feel at home, so I stayed.

  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

There is a diversified population due to it being an Air Force town, so there are always traits I see that I can give my characters from all the characters who funnel through my town. You never know who you will run across. I like to sit in stores, coffee shops, and other places where people gather and just watch and take notes.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

A great pen. I write by hand in a notebook and finding the perfect pen aids with my work flow greatly. Pen & paper allow me to write it all out without being able to hit the delete key or the backspace. I also love a good writing prompt. It gets my mind racing down avenues it would not normally go.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

Capacious. I love to drink in your love in capacious amounts. Honestly I got my B.A. in English and I love words. I hear them and drink them in. I love a good word and when I first heard capacious I fell in love. Is that wrong?

  1. What is your pet peeve?

My pet peeve would be people who say I am not an author. People do not understand you do not write something and make $100,000 a year. Most writers are lucky to break $10,000 a year. As with any other kind of artist you need to work your way through the muck to get to the top. You are an author if you write and that is that. All you need is to write, sharing your work with the world does not hurt.

  1. What defines Debbie Aruta? 

So many things define me; I am a mom, aunt, sister, artist. I am an upbeat positive person who thrives on the energy of the world and from all the quirky people who are in it. I try to teach writing to youth and aid in all sorts of writing from writing an entrance exam to helping a young person edit their short story writing. I am defined by who I am, but also by what I do. I love, I teach, I help.

Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Hannah EnglandSpotlight On Writers – Khalid Belkhalfi >>
Subscribe to our Newsletter at Spillwords.com

NEVER MISS A STORY

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER AND GET THE LATEST LITERARY BUZZ

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Latest posts by Debbie Aruta (see all)
This publication is part 87 of 415 in the series Spotlight On Writers