Spotlight On Writers - Samuel Torontour, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Samuel Torontour

Spotlight On Writers

Samuel Torontour

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?
I was born in Montreal and moved to Ottawa in 2014 for work.
  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

Montreal is a veritable cultural kaleidoscope. With a European flair, and incomparable artistic and culinary talents, I love to return from time to time. Ottawa has a warmth and a sincere charm, where people are kind and friendly by default, and where I can feel at home hiking around my cozy wooded neighbourhood with my son.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

I approach life with an unquenchable curiosity and my poetry is an ideal vehicle to explore with. I try to shine light on the human condition in all its fabulous manifestations, and contend with ideas in as open and honest a manner as I can. I rant and rave about social injustice, play with political satire, poking fun at our foibles, extoll our virtues and rebuke our evils. My ultimate goal is to leave the world a better place.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

My favorite word is fabulous, but it’s very hard to rhyme
I’ve spent so long trying, but I’m running out of time
I’ll settle for a few odd lines to demonstrate my skill
And hope my humble musing will fill you with goodwill

  1. What is your pet peeve?

Despite my sometimes unintended but unavoidable colorations of truth, I try to be honest (but polite). Especially, I try to be brave enough to be honest with myself. Dishonesty, insincerity, lack of integrity, and cheating are all behaviours I find reprehensible, even in myself. Also, I’m not a fan of olives.

  1. What defines Samuel Torontour?

When I look back at the various roles that I have played throughout my lifetime, child, brother, friend, student, teacher, lover, husband, father, musician, fitness instructor, and now family physician, I see the courage, ambition, and resilience that have led me to where I am. I have a strong will to survive and more so to thrive. No matter what obstacles have been thrown my way, I have faced them head on. I have met my challenges with unyielding determination. Nevertheless, the thing that truly gives me happiness is the gratitude I feel for all my gifts and blessings. There is no greater joy than sharing good fortune, and taking the time to enjoy the magic of these moments.

Latest posts by Samuel Torontour (see all)
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Cindy GeorgakasSpotlight On Writers – Kim John Farleigh >>
Subscribe to our Newsletter at Spillwords.com

NEVER MISS A STORY

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER AND GET THE LATEST LITERARY BUZZ

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

This publication is part 319 of 415 in the series Spotlight On Writers