Gone, flash fiction by Missy Lynne at Spillwords.com
Free Fun Art

Gone

Gone

written by: Missy Lynne

 

Why had she come here? She should have never returned. Standing there. In the silence. In the darkness. With only flints of light pushing through the filth covered windows. She came back because something was here. Something that didn’t belong. The longer she remained, the more she understood she had gone too far this time. She had let her curiosity land her in the foyer of this abandoned, cursed house. Alone. As the house began to moan, and the shadows moved in closer, the air itself seemed to brush against her. Backing up slowly towards the door, she scrambled for the handle. But a hard push from behind brought her to her knees onto the hard stone steps outside the door, bursting open a bloody mess. Looking back she saw nothing. She needed to keep moving. Running desperately into the woods, hoping the trees would conceal her, protect her but their branches only scratched and stole pieces of her flesh. The obstructed moon offering no light, left her in a blinding darkness. A darkness that seemed to be following her. An oppressive shape at her heels, hovering just above and encircling around her. Until, for a moment, she saw her captor. Then she was gone.

Latest posts by Missy Lynne (see all)
  • Gone - October 22, 2023