Spotlight On Writers - Eileen Clark, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Eileen Clark

Spotlight On Writers

Eileen Clark

@DiixieLove

 

  1. Where do you originate from?

I was born in Connecticut and lived there and in Massachusetts for the first half of my life. All through my childhood I dreamed of going to Texas. Some years after I was married and had three little kids I was able to convince my husband and children to move to Texas. We lived in Athens and then in Huntsville. Huntsville is where the trees have moss hanging off of them. I just loved it and would still be there but for the tornadoes. So, after twenty-two years in Texas, the family decided Kentucky would be the best place of all; and they were right. I’m finally home in Kentucky.

  1. What do you cherish most about the place you call home?

The people are friendly. They are always quick with a handshake, and a big smile with even bigger hugs. I also love the whole Churchill Downs thing with rolling hills, white fences and beautiful horses. The changing seasons are just perfect. I enjoy decorating my two large decks according to the changing seasons. Autumn brings large pots filled with fall leaves, wheat stalks and sunflowers. Winter decor includes snowmen and pinecones. Then there is my other passion (inherited from my grandfather) the spring and summer container gardening. The water fountain and luxurious foliage make for a tropical retreat.

  1. What ignites your creativity?

I will see a beautiful image that stays in my head until I put a poem to it and publish it on my blog. It can be an image of something such as an old man in a rocking chair, a willow tree, or kittens playing. Oftentimes, it’s the picture that brings about the poems or even one of my paintings. I am a watercolor artist. I also have my paintings published on my poetry blog.

  1. Do you have a favorite word and could you incorporate it into a poetic phrase?

Loyal

If you are a loyal person and true to your every word.
Others are quick to listen to you knowing honesty is what they’ve heard.
I believe when a person is loyal, they show respect and kindness to others.

  1. What is your pet peeve?

Injustice. The world is filled with unjust thinking and actions.

  1. How would you describe the essence of Eileen Clark?

I have many loves. First, my love for Jehovah God and my family. I love to make people laugh. It’s very gratifying to me if I’m able to help someone out, even if it’s in a very small way. And, I love it when I have just written a new poem. THAT I really love!

Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Vasile TrifSpotlight On Writers – K.K. Mathew >>
Latest posts by Eileen Clark (see all)
This publication is part 398 of 399 in the series Spotlight On Writers