Spotlight On Writers - Sue Marie St. Lee, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Sue Marie St. Lee

Spotlight On Writers

Sue Marie St. Lee

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?

I hail from Chicago. Before reaching school-age, my parents moved to the south suburbs where I grew up, and like many others, road the Illinois Central to downtown Chicago daily, where I worked for a C.P.A. firm

  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

Oh, without a doubt, nature is the greatest thing about our home in Oklahoma. I love the four seasons’ scenic changes—the cloudy days, wind, rain, sunshine, the brilliant green of newly sprouted foliage in spring, the incredible pallet of autumn colours painted on our trees, the beauteous contrast of winter’s blackness covered in a pristine blanket of fresh white snow and frosty breath. The sounds and sights of indigenous wild animals living in the eighty-acre forest abutting our property fill me with peace.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

Feelings turn me on creatively. I am quite sensitive and tend to “hold things inside”. Throughout my life, writing has always been cathartic. I could write my feelings and find a healing resolution to whatever troubled me.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

Love. Love is by far my favourite word. The word itself contains an infinite range of thoughts and actions; it can even provoke one to do bad things for the sake of love. I prefer positive aspects of love.

My poetic sentence:

Through loss of her son,
Grief gnawed at her soul
‘Til Love broke the dun
And gave back control.

  1. What is your pet peeve?

Improperly used and non-existent words are like the sound of scratching nails on a chalkboard to my nerves. “I seen that”, “Irregardless of…”, “Your going to…”, and many others which escape my mind at this early morning moment.

  1. What defines Sue Marie St. Lee?

Always hopeful, with too many projects on-the-go at any given time, my sense of responsibility and determination tend to manifest internally through worries of non-completion.

By nature, I am faithful, loving, often insecure, and an idealist which is the source of great frustration.

Finally, in one word, I am an “Imagineer”. Yes, I used a non-existent word, but, I am a poet after all and claim poetic license.

Latest posts by Sue Marie St. Lee (see all)
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Eamon O’LearySpotlight On Writers – R. Bremner >>
This publication is part 192 of 399 in the series Spotlight On Writers