The Absurd, thoughts by Joseph Amendolare at Spillwords.com
GROK

The Absurd

The Absurd

written by: Joseph Amendolare

 

I have not sampled all, but a small number of philosophers over the years. They mostly question whether life is worth living or not. The French writer Albert Camus wrote an essay titled ‘The Myth of Sisyphus.’ Not an easy one to get thru, but his main idea is stated “the absurd arises when the human need to understand meets the unreasonableness of the universe.

I guess I am absurd. When I think of those who never got a chance to live their lives, young men killed in various wars, results of some horrific accident, those trapped on the top floors of the WTC on 9/11.

I ask myself: what did these people do to deserve their fates.

I no longer believe in karma or answered prayers. There is no force in the universe that decides what we do, or do not, deserve. You could be a totally miserable excuse for a human being and be richly rewarded. Meanwhile the person quietly living a decent life meets with sudden disaster.

Camus needn’t have worried too much. He was killed in a car wreck at the age of 46.
Yes, absurd.

Subscribe to our Newsletter at Spillwords.com

NEVER MISS A STORY

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER AND GET THE LATEST LITERARY BUZZ

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Latest posts by Joseph Amendolare (see all)