Spotlight On Writers - Eva Marie Cagley, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Eva Marie Cagley

Spotlight On Writers

Eva Marie Cagley

@EvaCagley

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?
I was born and raised in a Mid -West town of Waterloo Iowa. Affectionately known as the corn state! I have lived here most of my life and although I have lived out of state a few years I have always managed to find my way home. While traveling through Iowa in the summer I love watching the gentle swaying of corn stocks in the breeze. In the winter I love gazing upon the shining virgin white snow mounds! Bringing back childhood memories of climbing them and playing King of the Mountain!
  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

The greatest thing about living in Iowa is having most of my family here except for one of my sisters who lives in Alabama! I come from a large family having six brothers and two sisters. It is with great sadness that both my parents have gone home to be with the Lord as well as my two eldest brothers. That’s why it’s more important to me to stay connected as a family! Currently, I live in a townhouse with my soulmate and one of my brothers. I love our home! We have a beautiful patio surrounded by a garden of various blooms such as moss rose, geraniums, diathesis, petunias, marigolds, inpatients, begonias, pansies, zinnias, having all different colors of the rainbow!

  1. What turns you on creatively?

Being in harmony with nature! I love to sit on my patio and watch the cardinals, woodpeckers, hummingbirds, and yes even the sparrows which eat from our feeders! It brings me great joy to watch their silly antics along with the squirrels romping around and chasing each other, while I’m relaxing and feeling the warm breeze gently caressing my face! It allows me to take my laptop outside and start creating! In the winter I gaze out my front window and enjoy nature from the inside of my toasty warm home!

Being the people watcher that I am I also love to watch couples walking hand and hand or sitting on a park bench. I guess I am a hopeless romantic! Listening to soft music and the blues also sets the mood for my writing!

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

My favorite word is Harmony! When I am outside surrounded by nature I am at my best for writing from my inner soul! To me Harmony is being at peace with the world and oneself!

“She is in harmony with nature as the inner rhythm of her heart plays the sweet music of the songbirds!”

  1. What is your pet peeve?

My biggest pet peeve is when someone assumes to know me without getting to know me. People put labels on others and project their feelings! All my life I always wanted to be known for whom I was, knowing full well I didn’t even know myself at that time! I always try to put someone else’s shoes on to understand who they are or what makes them tick! I guess I’d like that same courtesy!

  1. What defines Eva Marie Cagley?

The biggest thing that defines me is my writing. Especially my poetry. I write about how I see things in life and the beauty contained in it. My poetry has been a huge part of whom I am! It has been an outlet sustaining me many times in life’s crisis. I always say to read me is to know me! I surprise myself at times when I read what I’ve written. I find I am forever evolving in my writing and my life’s journeys! I believe writing is about the journey not the destination! If I would want the world to know one thing it would be I have a great love for children seeing, I have never had any of my own! I have a strong love for family, and I believe in a God! You will find through reading me I am versatile in my writing on matters such as love, nature, and faith. I am a kind loving and free-spirited woman who tends to be shy in crowds, but I can go anywhere when I write, and all those inhibitions disappear! I am a writer that breathes life into words that dance and splash colors of the rainbow on paper and the worldwide internet’s canvas! Waiting to be discovered!

Latest posts by Eva Marie Cagley (see all)
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Jake Cosmos AllerSpotlight On Writers – Andy Martin >>
This publication is part 252 of 393 in the series Spotlight On Writers