Spotlight On Writers - Alisa Guttadauro, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Alisa Guttadauro

Spotlight On Writers

Alisa Guttadauro

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?

I was born and raised in Staten Island, New York. It was while attending middle school that I became enamored with creative writing. I had always been a bookworm, and spent most of my free time either, reading or writing poetry and short stories.

  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

The greatest thing about the place I call home is having my wonderful husband, who is also my best friend, to share it with. We met a little later in life, and this makes our relationship all the more special because we both feel that we have truly found our soul mate.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

There are many things that get my creative juices flowing. Firstly, I have to be in a calm, peaceful environment, like my sunroom. Listening to the birds singing, and watching the butterflies dance around on our butterfly bush, makes this room a tranquil place to think, relax and write. Secondly, a great cup of coffee, of course! Last, but not least, I have a very vivid imagination, and could just be walking down the street and see something that catches my interest, and be like, “Ooh, that would be great in a story!”

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

Gosh, there are so many, but if I had to pick one, I would say, the word, “Ambitious.”

As I wonder what I shall do next, my ambitious mind screams, “Write some text!”

  1. What is your pet peeve?

My biggest pet peeve is punctuality, especially when other people, for example, a doctor’s office, or a job interviewer are late. If I have to be there on time, then so should they!

  1. What defines Alisa Guttadauro?

If I was to define myself, the best word would be empathetic. I have such strong emotions and feelings for others. I was bullied often as a child, and pretty much kept to myself, so I know what it feels like to be hurt and it pains me when others are hurting. I always try to be kind to everyone, even the people who are unkind because they are the ones who need it the most. Also, I enjoy being creative. Creativity and writing has been a great outlet for me, to explore my feelings, and to bring my characters to life, and if I bring a smile to someone’s face with my writing, then I’ve accomplished making more than one person happy, if even for a moment; the reader, and myself.

Latest posts by Alisa Guttadauro (see all)
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Sergio A. OrtizSpotlight On Writers – Mike Turner >>
This publication is part 168 of 392 in the series Spotlight On Writers