Spotlight On Writers - Bruce Snyder, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Bruce Snyder

Spotlight On Writers

Bruce Snyder

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?
I have it on good authority that a host of my atoms were fused into existence in the Spider Nebula. Others are of uncertain provenance. The current instantiation of my corpus delecti gasped for air in Manhattan and promptly tried to return from whence I came.
  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

Clearly the master bath. Roomy, a comfy tub, and a generous supply of soap. And of course, my wife – who makes wherever I am feel like home. Wait, you mean Minnesota? Oh fudge, well, the movie ‘Fargo’ is a highlight, you betcha. Then there are Minnesota’s sports teams: the Vikings (NFL), the Twins (MLB), the Wolves (NBA) and the Lynx (WNBA). Parenthetically, only the Lynx have, in recent memory, had championship seasons.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

Never use the phrase ‘turns you on’ to an old person – it is a painful reminder of times long past. However, to answer this query – when I find out I will update Spillwords. But seriously folks, two or three of my sister-in-law’s mango martini’s will usually do the trick. I do enjoy writing epitaphs – after almost 80 years on this rock it seems timely. My current fave: “Mistakes were made.”

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

This is a tough one. I have no favorite word. I collect words – pin them to walls, dry them in a kiln, dispatch them with a kiss. My attempts at poetry have been roundly condemned by both my friends – and btw, their favorite descriptors for me are ‘dull’ and ‘disappointing.’ I have pledged on my first-borns IRA never to attempt to write poetry again – although ‘roses are red’ is a good start.

  1. What is your pet peeve?

Oh my, how long do you have? Lint, of course. No – I’m joking. Climate change, demagoguery, racism, the collective inadequacy of human decision making, aquarium algae, empty liquor cabinets… I could go on.

  1. What defines Oxbow Zithering?

I have no idea, but as for Bruce Snyder, it is my devotion to truth, justice, and the American Way. And a desire to get paid for something I write.

Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Deryn van der TangSpotlight On Writers – Emma Wells >>
Latest posts by Bruce Snyder (see all)
This publication is part 388 of 398 in the series Spotlight On Writers