Spotlight On Writers - Nick Gerrard, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Nick Gerrard

Spotlight On Writers

Nick Gerrard

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?

I’m originally from Birmingham but now living in Olomouc where I write my own stuff, and proof-read and edit, (Abridged versions of the classics; like Hemmingway and Orwell). Also in between looking after my son Joe, I edit and design Jotters United Lit-zine.

  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

Where I live now is a cool mini Prague, all the buildings and culture but without the tourists.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

I get inspired by ordinary people’s lives, which can be extraordinary. I am also inspired by stories of ordinary people’s struggles and protests against a society that treats them badly.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

Probably, the word fuck. I love the flexibility and variety of uses of the word; I use it a lot in my writing…this is from a story about marriage published recently…

Fuck it! Let’s just get fucking married!’

  1. What is your pet peeve?

Flowery poetry or writing. Over-descriptive text and anything that mentions petals! Oh, plus I hate all academic writing…It needs to be gotten rid of!

  1. What defines Nick Gerrard?

My humour and passion for political causes and writing.

Latest posts by Nick Gerrard (see all)
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Kayleigh MerchantSpotlight On Writers – Józefa Ślusarczyk-Latos >>
This publication is part 203 of 393 in the series Spotlight On Writers