Spotlight On Writers - Ibán, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Ibán

Spotlight On Writers

Ibán

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?

I’m from Algeciras, an adorable town in the very south of Andalusia, located in the Strait of Gibraltar.

  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

That’s hard to tell, everything is great down here. I think that our beaches are awesome, the food is delicious because of the different cultures that lived here among the centuries. Also, everyone who has the luck of visiting this land feels comfortable because we are really friendly. I invite all your readers to come over here if they have the chance, it would be a life-changing trip.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

I get inspired easily, the words and verses start to run through my mind and then they begin to make sense, for example, last week I was having a walk on the beach and then suddenly, the words started to flow and I wrote a really nice poem that you will read soon. Also, I can build a poem from any feeling, when I feel down my mind is an explosion of creativity and ideas, then it’s when I write my most powerful poem.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

My favorite word in English is “soul”, in my English poems I use it a lot. I think it’s a short and powerful word, for example: “You shake my soul to its basics when you shoot me that look.”

  1. What is your pet peeve?

Sometimes you feel that the world is really messed up and we don’t work enough together to make it better for everyone. Actually, that is probably what bothers me the most, the individualism that reigns in our society nowadays.

  1. What defines Iban?

I can’t say just only one thing that defines me, but I try to guide my life with truth, humility and hard work. Poetry is very important for me, I use it as a way out to express those feelings that sometimes get inside of me. I’ve been writing since I was 9 years old, and it feels like something natural on me, like part of me. It’s the only thing I’ve been doing for that long and I want to keep writing, and improving my poetry.

Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Alexander WolffSpotlight On Writers – Verona Jones >>
Latest posts by Iban (see all)
This publication is part 122 of 396 in the series Spotlight On Writers