Spotlight On Writers
- Where, do you hail from?
I’m originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, but have primarily lived in Brooklyn, New York since 2003, with the exception of a two-year stint in Buffalo, New York, when I moved there for the weather.
- What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?
Art museums, pizza and anonymity.
- What turns you on creatively?
Peace and quiet, constant self-examination and a liquor store that stays open beyond 10 PM that employs non-judgmental cashiers.
- What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?
In a sentence? My upstairs neighbor told a mendacious story when she claimed it wasn’t her bass music coming through my ceiling.
- What is your pet peeve?
Upstairs neighbors and the inherent tiredness that comes with aging.
- What defines John Grochalski?
The thoughts and words of other people…but I tend not to believe the things they say.
John Grochalski is the author of the five poetry collections and two novels. Grochalski currently lives in Brooklyn, New York, where the garbage can smell like roses if you wish on it hard enough.
Latest posts by John Grochalski (see all)
- Frank Fanello Played Guitar - April 8, 2021
- Spotlight On Writers – John Grochalski - February 20, 2021
- Broken Light Switch - January 4, 2021