Spotlight On Writers - Larry D Tyler, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Larry D Tyler

Spotlight On Writers

Larry D Tyler

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?

I spent the first seven years of my life on a tobacco farm near the North Carolina/South Carolina border in the Spring Branch community. In the 1950’s life on the farm was rustic and required long days and hard work. In 1959 I moved to Myrtle Beach and fell in love with the ocean and saltwater marshes. It was a good life, but I always wanted to return to the country. So when I retired, my wife and I built a home in North Carolina with a view of tobacco farms, near several small towns.

  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

The amazing stars at night, dirt roads, farmlands, small towns and amazing opportunities to find abandoned farms, barns, and rivers and streams to photograph. It is extremely quiet at night, and the sunrises and sunsets are breathtaking. My dog, Buddy, loves our yard and keeps an eye on things. I love being able to have flower gardens, and bluebirds, cardinals, goldfinches, hummingbirds, and so many more that visit our yard and nest and sing.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

I spent many years playing music on the road. I love to write of my memories of that time, as well as those on the farm. I call it chronicles of life, and I love that I can take photo images to complement my stories. I can only hope that my memories will live on after I am gone. When I write I listen to music to inspire the flow of the words.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

Unleash.

Awaken the stories then unleash them.

  1. What is your pet peeve?

Finding time to write. It begs the question do I write more or do I spend more time actually sitting by a river, walking down a dirt road, finding the quiet and the joy of being with my family.

  1. What defines Larry D Tyler?

A love for family, old dirt roads, my dogs, poetry, folklore, reading and writing, and for friends, family and readers to know what life was like years ago. It is amazing to find an abandoned farm and feel the memories, hear their voices and write their stories.

Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Andrea WalkerSpotlight On Writers – Maggie O’Brien >>
Latest posts by Larry D Tyler (see all)
This publication is part 350 of 392 in the series Spotlight On Writers