Spotlight On Writers - P.A. O'Neil, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – P.A. O’Neil

Spotlight On Writers

P.A. O’Neil

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?

I lived in the Los Angeles, California area as a child, but as a teen (and since) in and around Thurston County, Washington. Going from the big city to a small town was indeed a culture shock, but I have come to feel myself a native of the Pacific Northwest.

  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

Where I live currently is centrally located from just about anything. In any direction, it is about two hours from the beach, big cities, the mountains, and even desert landscapes. We have lush old growth forests, plenty of fresh food, great entertainment, and even our own volcano. Great place for finding inspiration for new stories.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

I find most of my inspiration from detailed dreams, but I love taking the personal experience of others and incorporating it into stories of my own.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

I have no favorite word, except for that, which I use much too often for even my cat.

I’m no poet!

  1. What is your pet peeve?

When someone comes to me for advice, then after we have a discussion, return to share their work and it was just the same as it was before. I am not a teacher, I am just as much as a student as the next writer, but please do not expect of me to approve of something of which I just described as needing improvement. If I am wrong, I will admit it, but please don’t come to me if all you are seeking is validation without evidence of progress.

  1. What defines P.A. O’Neil?

I am a dreamer and a storyteller. I am glad I live in an age where I can easily share my work with others. I am also thankful for what I have achieved over the past three years, such that I feel the need to those, who like myself, are on the journey to share their stories with the world.

Latest posts by P.A. O'Neil (see all)
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Dawn DeBraalSpotlight On Writers – Matthew Roy Davey >>
This publication is part 161 of 392 in the series Spotlight On Writers