Spotlight On Writers - Wayne Jermin, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Wayne Jermin

Spotlight On Writers

Wayne Jermin

@waynejermin

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?
I live in a small coastal city in South Wales called Swansea. I was born in Swansea and I’ve lived here my whole life and barring a lottery win or a number 1 best seller (or 2) I’ll probably spend the remainder of my days here too.
  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

I’d have to say the coastline. The beaches and the views here are incredible. From Swansea Bay all the way through the Gower peninsula, the scenery is breathtaking. It really is a gorgeous part of the world. Dylan Thomas once described Swansea as an “ugly lovely town… crawling, sprawling… by the side of a long and splendid curving shore”. I think that sums up my home town perfectly.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

I’ve always written and enjoyed writing from a young age. I love having an idea and bringing it to life. Running away with a story or a character and making it mine. Just letting my imagination get the better of me. Hoping that the person reading my work will get the same enjoyment from it as I do.
I also draw a lot of inspiration from my personal life. Suffering from Mental Health and surviving 3 suicide attempts, I found writing about these experiences really helps my perspective and keeps my mind clear. Writing and publishing my writing has helped to change my life.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

Oblivion – I don’t really know why but I’ve always enjoyed that word. Strangely, I don’t think I’ve ever used it in a poem or story though. Maybe this will be the start of something;

He was cast out by everyone, not to be remembered or known but lost in oblivion forever.

  1. What is your pet peeve?

People. Well, fake people to be precise. I like to think I’m an honest person not afraid to speak my mind and have an opinion. I’d like to be treated as I treat others so when people are fake, I lose all respect for them. I’ve got no time for liars and dishonest, fake people who only look out for themselves. The world is already in a horrible place as it is.

  1. What defines Wayne Jermin?

That’s a difficult question. I don’t think there’s a correct answer either. I wouldn’t say I’m defined by one thing in particular. People have different opinions of me and that’s fine, I just try and be the best version of myself I can be, to be better than I was yesterday. I’m a family man, a husband, a football coach, and a writer and I love music.

Latest posts by Wayne Jermin (see all)
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Linda DobinsonSpotlight On Writers – Vidya Venkataramanan >>
This publication is part 274 of 406 in the series Spotlight On Writers