Spotlight On Writers - Wolfgang H., interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Wolfgang H.

Spotlight On Writers

Wolfgang H.

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?

I come from the small town of Großostheim in northern Bavaria, Germany but have been living in a small village near Mainz in Rheinland Palatinate for nearly 30 years now.

  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

Home is a very complex feeling. I feel comfortable in the town where I grew up. I speak the lingo and love the hilly woods and vineyards. But I also like the mellow rolling hills of Rheinhessen, the area where I live now. Home can however also be music which I connect with, events in the past, or even a long forgotten smell.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

My main publishing platform is WordPress. The tagline of my site is: trouble me and I frolic in writing. This is mainly true as I get most impulses when I am emotionally upset. But this is not the complete truth as I am also prone to inspiration by the most profound objects in my surroundings. The word ‘spillwords’ is also a very fitting phrase for me collecting stray words as initial seeds for my poems.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is a word I can’t get rid of as much as I might try. So poetically difficult but never the less…

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious even though the sound of it could drive me to Moronia. Hating you is fruitless as a rock in West Mongolia. So I shout it loud and clear for everyone to hear. Supercalifragilistic expi ali docious, clear?

  1. What is your pet peeve?

I just can’t do with all kinds of conspiracy theories. It’s the misuse of things really dear to me namely speech and science.

  1. What defines Wolfgang H.?

I am a German engineer working for the government in the area of protection from harm from electromagnetic fields. Because there is no well founded concern in this field (if you skip the conspiracies) I have also time for my real passion, poems. I started writing poems at conferences when I started to lose track of proceedings. My first poem was like this:

In general terms I realize
I am sitting here on my own devise
Formulas go rushing by
And make my self esteem go shy

How I wish I was with thee
On a pebble beach by the open sea
Roaring waves and salty air
Let us forget our hearts despair

Yet alas the dream is gone
Coffee and biscuits carry on
Small talk and a penny drop
Another chance gone up and pop

It really got going after I started my blog. There I write mainly in German but also in English. My foible for the English language was caused by the favorite music of my youth.
My other pastime is music. I play the clarinet and the tenor saxophone, mainly classical music and jazz.

Latest posts by Wolfgang H. (see all)
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Glynn SinclareSpotlight On Writers – Julia R. DeStefano >>
This publication is part 196 of 406 in the series Spotlight On Writers