written by: Eliza Segiet
translated by: Ula de B.
It might not be easy
to suppress prejudices regarding:
– a nation,
– a different skin color, or
– a faith other than one’s own.
It might not be easy,
– in the name of instilled principles –
to refrain from hate,
or following through on death sentences,
because someone tells you to
or because we ourselves think
we have the right to be harbingers
It’s worth it to
think about the meaning
behind unworthy deeds;
To create in yourself
love and tolerance,
To replace evil with good.
It’s about more than pushing the trigger
or destroying a man.
Latest posts by Eliza Segiet (see all)
- The Embers of Loss - April 2, 2023
- Power of Wisdom - November 30, 2022
- Heart’s Silence - August 21, 2022