1. You shall have no other gods before me; the almighty dollar.
2. You shall not make idols; unless they are of the American kind.
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain; unless you’re angry and it slips from your lips. Then it’s all forgiven and the “New Testament” is applied.
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy; until you have a deadline that is more important than your God and your family.
5. Honor your father and your mother; until the divorce happens.
6. You shall not murder; unless you’re a solider going to war in the name of America.
7. You shall not commit adultery; unless you’re a “Christian” on Ashley Madison. Just ask Jesus for forgiveness and move on.
8. You shall not steal; unless you’re a corporate executive and can hide the cyber and paper trails.
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor; unless you’re trying to cover up your own crimes.
10. You shall not covet; unless you’re trying to keep up with the neighbors.
Published author that writes free verse, prose, poetry, research and most importantly from the heart. My writing has more of an urban point of view and style. Simply because I am an African American that have seen and experienced things that people of other cultures may never see. Though I'm hoping to share reading material that we all could respect and continue to be open minded about.
I'm a husband, father, business owner of BRAYNE, LLC, a clothing company that promotes positivity by way of fashion, a writer, a student and an electronic engineering test technician. Life is busy but I'm striving to live my dreams with my great family that I love deeply. There are times when I feel like a failure. Then I look at how many times I've fallen just to dust myself off and continue running the race. Now I can look around at my life and see that my "failures" were just locked doors that God wasn't ready to open yet.