Spotlight On Writers - Ampat Varghese Koshy, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Ampat Varghese Koshy

Spotlight On Writers

Ampat Varghese Koshy

@terrestrian

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?
 I hail from Thiruvananthapuram, once called Trivandrum, the capital city of the small but highly significant state of Kerala, in the great country of India.
  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

The greatest thing about the place I call home is its flora and fauna, its ecosystem; by which I mean its natural greenery and lush beauty pulsing with many forms of life which I grew up in, so that even my body became attuned to it, after living there for many years from birth, and it feels most at home and at ease there.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

Christ, family, church, love, romance, sex, and women; I guess, not to mention poetry, literature, writing, art, and everything, especially things hermetic, offbeat, arcane, exotic, xeno-, and also certain causes, like autism I believe in passionately.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

Kaleidoscope

The kaleidoscope of your feelings for me makes my eyes reflect all the colours of love.

  1. What is your pet peeve?

I am a good writer but did not get money or enough recognition from it, or so it seems to me, as I am not good at interpersonal skills or selling myself.

  1. What defines Ampat Varghese Koshy?

What does not define me is what defines me, like the conundrum of my name which, given to me by my parents, means or is an amalgamation of, strangely enough, archer’s field, and a Malayali-isation of George (yes, of the slayer of dragons lineage) and of Joshua/Jesus. I defy both, definition and description, though words like creative, poet, alien, post-human, and pilgrim seem to apply to me, slightly, in turn, at times.

Latest posts by Ampat Varghese Koshy (see all)
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Jackie HarveySpotlight On Writers – Katarzyna Dominik >>
This publication is part 316 of 392 in the series Spotlight On Writers