Interview Q&A with M. Taggart, author of the month - June 2018 at Spillwords.com

Interview Q&A With M. Taggart

Interview Q&A with M. Taggart

 

We offer our first and exclusive Q&A Interview with M. Taggart, a writer whose literary works have been featured on our Spillwords pages as well as being Author of the Month of June 2018.

 

  1. What does it mean to be selected as Author of The Month?

I am a very average man attempting to achieve exceptional results. Being selected as author of the month validates this phase of the process that I am in. I am humbled and thankful to be included with my peers on Spillwords.

  1. How have your friends and/or family influenced your writing?

Greatly. If Megan hadn’t found the box in the closet containing my stories from college, I may never have started writing again. That was in 2013. I haven’t stopped. Megan gave me the support I needed with a simple question, “This is good. Can you write more?” I wrote more. I wrote a lot more.

  1. What inspires you to write?

Reading inspired me to write. I leaned on reading literature while I was ignoring my mental wellness. Eventually I found peace in the sentence structure Hemingway created. Something about his delivery literally started the healing process for me. When I write, that process continues to a more profound level.

  1. What was your writing catalyst?

I believe I have multiple catalysts. One of the strongest is my belief in self and where self-connects with humanity. Each day I’m lucky enough to wake I view a new theater. My deep happiness for life pushes me to write.

  1. Tell us a little bit about your writing process?

It depends what I’m writing. Generally when I write a poem I’m writing it because I have very little time to write. Five, maybe ten minutes. The process is something like this. Rush. Often I write poems with my thumbs on my cell phone while chasing our son, Gavin. When writing a novel, I schedule periods of time and simply write. Zero rules. However, I do read three specific lines before writing.

  1. What would you say is most fulfilling about writing?

When someone tells me the writing helped them.

  1. Does the addition of imagery help to tell your story?

I’m thrilled with Spillwords’ ability to match imagery with the content. Because I have very little talent in doing so myself. I think it helps to prepare the reader for the story.

  1. What is your favorite reading genre?

I prefer life-like fiction.

  1. What human being has inspired you the most?

I have no singular answer for this currently. I have a few. I can’t possibly separate their greatness.

  1. What message would you have for the Spillwords Press community that voted for you?

Spillwords use of technology, in my opinion, is terrific and unique when compared to other publications. Thank you for voting for me. Receiving the nomination gave me a feeling of joy, comfort and support. I think my talented peers, here on Spillwords, will be writing for the rest of their lives.

  1. What would you like your legacy as a writer to be?

That an average person can achieve exceptional results as long as they never stop.

  1. Is there anything else you would like to add?

I’m very comfortably me. I love my family and friends and I enjoy all walks of life. Please don’t be shy. Feel free to find me on social media. Cheers everyone and thank you again.
.

Latest posts by M. Taggart (see all)