Beatlemania written by L.M.Giannone at Spillwords.com

Beatlemania

Beatlemania

written by: L.M.Giannone

@LISAGNO

 

This fun piece was inspired by the original Fab Four. How many songs/lyrics can you find?
(hint: there are 30)

 

Hey Jude,

I hope my note finds you well.

Do you want to know a secret? This boy thinks about you eight days a week. Our empty bed causes me a hard day’s night. I haven’t been able to sleep, so I tried writing you a song. I’m like Sergeant Pepper and his lonely hearts club.

But while my guitar gently weeps, I just can’t let it be. It can’t be too late. Say it’s not too late.

I throw open the curtains to welcome the morning. Here comes the sun rising in the east. Good day sunshine! For no reason in particular, I have a good feeling about today.

If we just come together we can work it out. I just wanna hold your hand and take a long stroll with you on Penny Lane, down the long and winding road that leads to the Strawberry Fields.

Together let’s embark on a magical mystery tour. Perhaps we can buy a ticket to ride a yellow submarine, and on it, we’ll go here, there and everywhere.

Can’t we get back to yesterday? If we come together I know we can work it out ‘cuz all you need is love. So please don’t let me down.

Can’t we see the world and escape all our problems? I’ve got to get you into my life so I can feel fine again. I’m tired of being the fool on the hill, living alone in this empty house. I get by with a little help from my friends but there’s something in the way you move that won’t let go of me. I’m a nowhere man without you.

So while they continue to fight that revolution back in the USSR, baby you can drive my car and we can go someplace far away from here. You can be a meter maid, and I’ll be a paperback writer. Let’s be a day tripper, evade the taxman and fly away like lucy in the sky.

If you meet me tonight at the zoo near the walrus, we can escape just you and me.

P.S. I love you.

Latest posts by L.M.Giannone (see all)