Interview Q&A with Simona Prilogan, a writer at Spillwords.com

Interview Q&A With Simona Prilogan

Interview Q&A with Simona Prilogan

 

We offer our first and exclusive Q&A Interview with Simona Prilogan, a writer whose literary works have been featured on our Spillwords pages as well as being Author of the Month of September 2021.

 

  1. What does it mean to be selected as Author of The Month?

Being acknowledged as Author of the Month means a lot for me. This accolade makes me feel so happy, humble, and honoured. I would like to pay massive thanks to Spillwords editing team who is doing a fabulous work and to every single reader who made this happen.

  1. How have your friends and/or family influenced your writing?

My family not only created the most significant impetus for me to develop an interest in writing, but their moral support continues these days to shape my identity and perspective as a writer. Ever since I can recall, my mom used to recite rhymed poetry for me and my brother. At those times, we did not have many books in our house, as my incredibly young parents were still settling down away from their home villages, but mom was successfully creating an arty atmosphere with her amazing memory. From here, I inherited my love for rhymed poetry. Then it was my maternal grandfather who encouraged me to write, to create, to dare, as he himself was for me one of the greatest life models I have ever met in my life, being a very vivid inspiration. He would sit with me for hours and hours, traveling me through such interesting stories, picturing lovely images about people and places, describing scents and emotions, questioning sometimes about diverse ways of life.

  1. What inspires you to write?

The perception of my reality, the way I see the world from my inward corners, the feelings I get through the daily path, the emotions I share with my friends, community, the people I meet around my daily routine or at the turning points, the colours, aromas, all of these could be a starting point in my writing.

  1. What was your writing catalyst?

When it comes to writing, it has always been something coming from inside. I have always felt a kind of energy that propels me to create new sentences, picturing feelings and craving emotions. I began writing from an early age, once I knew how to write down my rhymed lines on paper. Nevertheless, the process was up and down during the years, as, the life being what it is, the unexpected turns and burdens sometimes pushed back against my literary ambitions. The strongest penning call rung relatively late in my life. And it took me on a deeper and deeper journey – and this journey is still unfinished.

  1. Tell us a little bit about your writing process?

Honestly, I am in chaos when it comes to any discipline. And I mean it. There is no routine path in my writing at all. I am working in a full-time job as a radiographer and this is a tough role. I am writing in my free time. Sometimes I might write very intensely for a couple of days, following extremely dry periods when the words miss the path. Then I still daydream about fixing this routine issue, hopefully, one day.

  1. What would you say is most fulfilling about writing?

The joy of creating something that could bring good vibes to the readers. I have always taken as my guiding principle in writing that I should write so that the reader be able to find something of value or something to relate to.

  1. Does the addition of imagery help to tell your story?

A good writing style should carry you inside of the story, and an embroidery of imagery is an immense help in articulating emotions, situations and making the scene more intense.

  1. What is your favorite reading genre?

I enjoy reading realistic novels, biographies and memories, and poetry of all kinds.

  1. What human being has inspired you the most?

My mom has always been my hero. I like to call her a woman of success. Her life was a real struggle, yet she built so many beautiful things around her, touching my heart and mind with her exacting standards of a very insightful yet down to earth woman.

  1. What message would you have for the Spillwords Press community that voted for you?

I would like to pay huge thanks to every single reader who voted for me. This recognition means a lot for me, not only because being appreciated has an intrinsic value, but also because it is a way it could help me, insofar as I expect it to motivate me to focus more on the writing process.

  1. What would you like your legacy as a writer to be?

Any edifying emotion I could bring through my words to the reader. All of these would be a great legacy as a writer. I do not fancy of having my name remembered but the feelings that mattered to the reader.

  1. Is there anything else you would like to add?

I hugely appreciate the work of the Spillwords editing team in supporting the writers from all around the world and bringing the readers into such an amazing realm of the words. Thank you!

Latest posts by Simona Prilogan (see all)