My Closure Song, poetry written by R William Standish at Spillwords.com
Craig Whitehead

My Closure Song

My Closure Song

written by: R William Standish

 

Take a look at where you stand, take a look at the life at hand, take a look at how it began, how is must end, were you your best friend, was there a fence looking back that you need to mend. Take your next step carefully, because past this one, is only the end.

Regret set in when there is no choice left, forget that there is any other way, the next step will not hear your voice, for the last time and maybe the first, you are truly alone, and this end is the beginning to what awaited you all along.

My tears of the truth don’t cleanse me, they remind me of the one I used to be, and will never see again, once I walk through, departing from misery that I knew, No way out, no way to get back at you, is this what we do, I know you now because I saw the real you, the trick is to commit to what your heart is telling you, I know what you can do, I have accepted your price now let me pass through.

I thought I would be afraid at the final moment, I had a feeling something would happen to force me away from the commitment, I walked to the edge and refused to quit, and I failed anyway it’s so hard to admit, prepared to offer it all, no longer concerned about the overall, feelings left in the wake of all I have a stake, the mistake I was about to take, the narrow view of choice I couldn’t shake.

Steps and stages driven by the emotions that rage us, keep us under control and cage us regardless of the peaceful war through all stages, keeps us guessing while professing to things that work to deceive, the real meaning of what we are led to believe, will guide with wisdom slap on the wrist, and the reality twist, when things go wrong, we are told to carry on, but these are not the words to my closure song

The act of the death is not about what is lost, but about the knowledge gained is the experience cost.

Latest posts by R William Standish (see all)