Spotlight On Writers - David Maynard, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – David Maynard

Spotlight On Writers

David Maynard

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?

I was born in the city of Williamson, Kentucky. I spent the first 13 years of my life in the Martin County mountains cut out by the Tug Fork River. I lived in a small town called Warfield between the towns Beauty and Lovely. Every morning I could look across the river and see West Virginia. The small coal-mining town of Matewan loomed near tucked in-between the mountains. Hard work and poverty were both in abundance in that region. That was one of the reasons why my father moved us to South Central Ohio in 1987, I have been in this region ever since. Waverly is my home and I love it here.

  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

I’ve lived in Waverly most of my life. The people are friendly and make you feel like you belong. My family is also here and I have a strong bond with them.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

Ideas often come to me while I’m doing something else. They usually hit me like a lightning bolt. I may be playing guitar or listening to music. Sadness or loss almost always gets me writing. It has became a way for me to make sense of the pain.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

Love. I can use it in a poem but I will spare you this time around.

  1. What is your pet peeve?

Narrow mindedness, people that refuse to admit they are wrong and laziness.

  1. What defines David Maynard?

My sense of humor seems to always leave an impression. Hopefully the world remembers me for being a nice guy who loves to make people smile with the determination to never give up or become jaded regardless of what the world throws at me.

Latest posts by David Maynard (see all)
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Phyllis SouzaSpotlight On Writers – Edward McCloud >>
This publication is part 206 of 399 in the series Spotlight On Writers