Spotlight On Writers - Gina Maria Manchego at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Gina Maria Manchego

Spotlight On Writers

Gina Maria Manchego

@GiUknit

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?
I am a native to a place called Boulder Colorado in the United States. Fourth generation to a small town just below the Rocky Mountains, my roots anchor deep here. I’ve traveled to many places but steadfastly know that there isn’t anywhere better than the Mile High.
  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

The prairie scapes where I’ve always lived, are bold and wild. The dichotomy of the prairie is palpable, she is both beguiling and barbarous. The splendor of the land and sky will bring you to your knees, the harsh elements will make worms’ meat of many. The terra is powerful, beautiful and treacherous.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

The intricacies of detail. I delight in being able to spin a web of malleable imagery for people whom consume my art. My work is very much a living, breathing thing. Also, the evocation of emotion through storytelling is such a courageous gift to share. Bravery in the way of vulnerability with word is a great equalizer of humanity. A well-penned piece of writing transcends gender, race, economics and age.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

Disintegrating

He looked at her with disintegrating disdain, until she was nothing more than a molecule.

  1. What is your pet peeve?

Hypocrisy. Never judge someone like you’re on a pedestal when you’re really down in the mud with the rest of mankind. Plus, it’s usually a very short turnaround before hypocrisy teams up with karma to make those sorts into liars and fools.

  1. What defines Gina Maria Manchego?

Although time, chance and circumstance tried, NOTHING could break her. Her alchemy manifested light even in the most dismal of shadows.

Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Daniel Ashley Clarke-SerretSpotlight On Writers – S.D. Kilmer >>
Latest posts by Gina Maria Manchego (see all)
This publication is part 368 of 400 in the series Spotlight On Writers