Spotlight On Writers - Scott C. Kaestner, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Scott C. Kaestner

Spotlight On Writers

Scott C. Kaestner

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?
I hail from the United States, was born in Ann Arbor Michigan and grew up in St. Louis Missouri. After a couple of decades as a Midwesterner, I decided I needed something bigger and moved to Los Angeles California. After a few decades on the West Coast, I feel more at home than I ever have and absolutely love calling LA home.
  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

There are so many great things about LA that it’s hard for me to pick just one. In lieu of a never ending list, I’ll say the greatest thing about Los Angeles is diversity. Diversity across the board. Diversity of landscapes (beaches, mountains, and desert all here), diversity in cultures and people, diversity in food, music, art, literature, and ways of life. LA is a true melting pot where there’s something for everyone, a tabooless wonderland, if you can’t find what you’re looking for here, you’re not looking hard enough.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

My belief is that an artist has to get themself into a state of mind that creates pathways to the world around them, a connection where energy passes to and from. Once they’re in that headspace, they are turned on and tuned in, creativity will flow. Everything is a work of art waiting to happen. Every artist has their way of “getting in the zone” and it’s up to them to figure out how they get there. For me, meditation and cannabis most certainly do the trick.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

My favorite word is guacamole and it’s not only fun to say but also fun to eat. Guacamole has the perfect order of syllables and ends with a vowel flair, which I like to overdramatize when I say it aloud.

Dipping his tortilla chip into the guacamole, he saw into the heavens, all bright green, smooth, creamy and delicious.

  1. What is your pet peeve?

Selfish people who lack even a hint of empathy are particularly bothersome to me. Wherever we live on our planet, we are part of a community and thus should understand the social graces it takes to coexist within it. That any individual is just one of many. Sadly, the “me first” mindset is prevalent in our modern world and those that carry it are best avoided.

  1. What defines Scott C. Kaestner?

I am many different things to many different people but ultimately I am a poet, writer, dad, and a husband. My family means the world to me as does my writing, I start every day with a cup of coffee, believe the beach is a sacred place, I take pleasure in the simple things and try my best to keep evolving in all facets of my life.

Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Ann ParkerSpotlight On Writers – Teodora Vamvu >>
Latest posts by Scott C. Kaestner (see all)
This publication is part 380 of 398 in the series Spotlight On Writers