Spotlight On Writers - Ann Parker, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Ann Parker

Spotlight On Writers

Ann Parker

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?
I was born in Hertfordshire, one of the counties in middle England. And I’m still living in the same town sixty-eight years later, about two miles up the road!! I probably sound a bit boring, but I’ve still managed to see a lot of the world, although I’m always glad to get home.
  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

It’s got to be family and friends. Plus, we are right next to a beautiful park. We’ve lived in this old cottage for forty-six years, and even though it’s highly haunted and very cold all year round, I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

Memories mostly, and things people have said and done in the past. My best ideas usually come out of nowhere in the middle of the night. I always sleep with a pen and pad and am really good at writing in the dark now!! I put my best poems down to an angel putting them in my head while I sleep. They are fully formed and finished somehow. Two of these are on Spillwords – Mermaids & Miracles and My Christmas Angel.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

Blessed is a word that I think says so much. Even though I had a bad start in life, I have always felt blessed and thankful for what I have. Especially when I met my husband, Terry, who makes me feel loved as well.

‘Appreciate the blessings that you’ve been given and the ones that you haven’t, as that is called hope.’

  1. What is your pet peeve?

When you have visitors, or go out for a meal and they keep looking at their phones. Unfortunately, I hate to tell you, but I have turned into one of those myself since I started writing!

  1. What defines Ann Parker?

Two years ago I would have said dressmaker and carer. I looked after my mother with a mental illness for years and I’m still caring for my wonderful husband, who had a head injury and now Parkinson’s Disease. But thanks to the likes of Spillwords, Gabriela Marie Milton and her anthology ‘Hidden in Childhood,’ and now Next Chapter Publishing for having faith in ‘The Deadly Detective Agency,’ I can say poet and author.

Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Anthony DoyleSpotlight On Writers – Scott C. Kaestner >>
Latest posts by Ann Parker (see all)
This publication is part 378 of 400 in the series Spotlight On Writers