Spotlight On Writers - Virginia Mateias, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Virginia Mateias

Spotlight On Writers

Virginia Mateias

@MateiasVirginia

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?
I was born in a fabulous place called Romania. I spent my childhood in a solitary home surrounded by fields of wheat and trees. Fortunately, at the age of five, I discovered books, and they became my treasures and companions. They also made me dream of adventure in faraway places. And out of all these magical places, the Rocky Mountains called to me the most.
  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

I come from a country that has a civilization of over 4000 years and is rich in myths and traditions. What I loved most about my birth country is the warm soul of the Romanian people. For many years now, I call Canada my home and, I’m glad to say that my childhood dreams have become a reality. I’m deeply entranced by the beauty of Canadian forests and of course the Rocky Mountains.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

Everything! It could be a river, a revolution, the smile of a child, the siren of an ambulance. Even this moment, as I write these lines, I feel the seconds fleeting together with the sunset in a whirlpool of inspiration. Love, longing, and letting go, are brief emotions that are both blessings and burdens in our lives.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

Every word is important. However, the importance each word carries is due to the existential moments we find ourselves in. For a child the most important word is play, for a young person the word is love and for an adult, it is knowledge. In my own life, I have already journeyed across these stages, so all these words are important to me.

Between the game of life and death, love remains the strongest form of knowledge.

  1. What is your pet peeve?

Papers, documents, and receipts are the bane of my existence! I have a problem with the stacks of documents piling up all over my house. Nothing can be found.

  1. What defines Virginia Mateias?

I am a journalist and an internationally published author. My poetry has appeared in various magazines and anthologies in the US, Canada, Romania, and Albania.
I am also currently writing children’s stories and novels that I hope will captivate their minds and souls. My latest novel, “Greenlandos”, is an epic adventure novel with a strong ecological message.
Montreal is where I live, together with my daughter Andra-Maria and cat, Tyger the Fierce.

Latest posts by Virginia Mateias (see all)
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Joseph L.M. SturmSpotlight On Writers – Mike Henry >>
This publication is part 311 of 399 in the series Spotlight On Writers