A Refreshing Stroll Through the Meadows of Georgia, a travelogue by Parvathy Sukumar at Spillwords.com
Rudolf Kirchner

A Refreshing Stroll Through the Meadows of Georgia

A Refreshing Stroll Through the Meadows of Georgia

written by: Parvathy Sukumar

@Parvathyfeb27

 

Will there be anyone in this world who doesn’t like to travel? I don’t think so. I know I will never miss any opportunity to explore the hidden beauties of this world. Though I have never been to many International destinations, I have my sweet memories which I will cherish throughout my life. Georgia, lying in the Eurasian continental area is one of the beautiful places I have ever been to. Would you like to catch a glimpse of its beauty? Then let’s take a look.

What attracts me the most in Georgia is its serenity and greenery. Are you thinking about taking a break from your busy scheduled life? If yes, I think you must add this gorgeous country to your bucket list now. Before planning anything, it is always better to know what awaits you in Georgia. With a population of approximately 3.7 million, this country is home to many scenic and historic spots.

A Visit to the Capital City of Georgia

Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia is also the largest city in the country. Surrounded by the Gothic-styled architecture and cobblestoned streets, this city is known to be one of the prominent tourist spots of Georgia. Tbilisi is also home to many traditional and famous restaurants, from where you can enjoy their delicious local cuisine.

A Sneak Peek Into the Old Town

Are you a nature lover? If so, you should try the aerial tramway in Batumi. It takes you through the old town to the most beautiful botanic garden in the country. At the top of the tramway station, you will also get to see the renowned “Mother of Georgia” monument. Even though the visit to the botanical garden is a bit tiresome, it is definitely worth the pain and effort.

Ever Heard of the Mini China Wall?

Everyone must be familiar with the renowned China Wall. Georgia also is famous for the mini China Wall or the Sighnaghi Wall which extends to a distance of approximately 5 kilometers. This wall was built to safeguard the country during the Russian invasion. The wall still stands strong and helps to keep the harmony of the country intact. Those who love trekking will enjoy exploring this city.

Have a Taste of the Local Wines at Kakheti

Kakheti is a fascinating destination which is about an hour and a half from Tbilisi. I recommend everyone to visit the local breweries here. The wines brewed here will blow your mind off. This city stands unique with its greenery and tranquility. The Kakheti lake is also a renowned tourist spot in the country.

Enjoy a Moment of Peace at Jvari Monastery

Amidst all the hectic schedules, we all desire a moment of peace. This is what you will experience at the Jvari Monastery. With a rich heritage and fascinating interiors, this monastery becomes one of the most mesmerizing sights for the tourists. Despite the destruction caused by the Russian invasion, the Jvari Monastery still attracts thousands of tourists every year.

Time For Adventure at Gudauri

If you were looking for something adventurous and fun, Gudauri is the best choice for you. From paragliding to skiing, you will find everything and anything related to snow sports here. Believe me, paragliding was one of the best experiences of my life. There can be nothing more refreshing than gliding through the snow-capped mountains. If you are planning to visit Georgia in winter, then prepare yourself to get frozen at Gudauri.

Your fun at Georgia never ends with the aforementioned tourist spots. There are many famous cathedrals in the country such as the Holy Trinity Cathedral, Metekhi St. Virgin Church, and many others. The picturesque landscape around adds to the beauty of these churches. One will never get enough of Georgia with a single visit. The simplicity and warmth provided by this country are beyond any words.

Latest posts by Parvathy Sukumar (see all)