Interview Q&A with Rain Alchemist, a writer at Spillwords.com

Interview Q&A With Rain Alchemist

Interview Q&A with Rain Alchemist

 

We offer our first and exclusive Q&A Interview with Rain Alchemist, a writer whose literary works have been featured on our Spillwords pages as well as being Author of the Month of April 2022.

 

  1. What does it mean to be selected as Author of The Month?

Being selected as author of the month for April 2022 on Spillwords means a great deal to me. I have been writing for quite some time now and constantly questioned my worth as a writer or a poet. Getting voted by fellow readers, poets, and the Spillwords community has given me hope that there is some value to my talent.

  1. How have your friends and/or family influenced your writing?

I have always been morally supported by my friends and family when writing. But I can’t say my small community has been the honest critic of my work as they have almost always been very kind and appreciative. But with time, I have tried to expand this horizon and meet like-minded people, readers, and poets, who have helped me see the true reflection of my work. I have learned to cherish their perspective and feedback, while they have also become respected mentors and good friends.

  1. What inspires you to write?

I would say almost everything—experiences of my life, experiences of other people’s life. The inspiration sometimes can be as profound as nature or sometimes as tiny as an inanimate object. Everything that can catch my attention and trigger the poet inside me, and then words automatically take vivid and beautiful forms.

  1. What was your writing catalyst?

Much of my work is about human experiences. I rely heavily on emotions. I use every and any feeling I experience as tools to craft my work. Hence, I would say what I felt at that moment acted as a catalyst for my writing.

  1. Tell us a little bit about your writing process?

This may sound like a fantasy story; I believe Rain Alchemist is my poetic alter ego. I am not myself when consumed by his likes, and when he takes over, words tend to spill out. Some years back, tired after a full day of work, I looked at myself in the mirror when I noticed my eyes were entirely red. I am not sure what happened, but I got a sudden urge to write, words automatically flowed, and I wrote my first poetry named “look into those red eyes”. Since then, he has been like a desire that has pushed me to explore the fascinating world of poetry, making writing and poetry my true passion.

  1. What would you say is most fulfilling about writing?

Words have great power; they shape our perspective and understanding of our existence and this world. When I play with these words, giving them a form, and if the idea or the concept meets my expectations, the feeling is ecstatic. But, if my words become relatable to other people, that’s a sense of true fulfillment. I feel I have accomplished something valuable.

  1. Does the addition of imagery help to tell your story?

Imagery is everything in poetry. Most of my works depend on imagery, like a reel or a movie that I can show to my readers, which gives life or a story to my words.

  1. What is your favorite reading genre?

I am a massive admirer of horror, sci-fi and fantasy genres. I have explored this genre in some of my writing, presenting horror fiction in poetic format. While I am not a genre-specific writer and have been lucky to experiment in almost all genres, this is the most exciting one for me.

  1. What human being has inspired you the most?

My mother is, and she will forever be, my greatest inspiration. Even though she could not easily relate to my writing capabilities or the world of poetry, she would keenly listen to every piece of mine while I would narrate and explain it to her with excitement. Amazed and equally excited, she would bless me and my talent to express myself every time. Her support and belief in me have helped me keep my passion alive.

  1. What message would you have for the Spillwords Press community that voted for you?

I am deeply grateful to Spillwords for presenting such an excellent platform for writers to showcase their talent. I am humbled and, with a gratitude-filled heart, would like to thank the whole Spillwords community for recognizing my work, voting for me and giving me this honor. Your support means a lot to me and my craft.

  1. What would you like your legacy as a writer to be?

When I started writing, I wasn’t sure if this gift had a purpose. But when my work started reaching more people, their feedback, comments and relatedness gave me a sense of direction. I would someday like to touch every human soul with my words. And if people could relate, reflect or gain anything from my work, that’s the legacy worth leaving behind.

  1. Is there anything else you would like to add?

A big thank you to all the readers, writers and friends who have taken out time to read my work and have constantly supported me. For all of the beautiful people out there, find your muse, make it your true purpose, and believe in yourself. My mother taught me this mantra, and I am also sharing it with you. Sure, it’s not going to be easy; if you are a writer like me, trust me, there can be ups and downs, but consistency and dedication matter. And if we ever get a chance to meet, that would be lovely!

Latest posts by Rain Alchemist (see all)