Managing Your Persistent Fears and Anxieties, article by Stan Popovich at Spillwords.com
Cory

Managing Your Persistent Fears and Anxieties

Managing Your Persistent Fears and Anxieties

written by: Stan Popovich

@managingfear

 

Are you looking for all of the answers on how to reduce your persistent fears and anxieties?
Fear and anxiety can ruin your life if you do not know how to overcome them.
As a result, here is a brief list of techniques that a person can use to help manage their everyday anxieties, stresses, and fears.

1.  Take your fears apart: When facing a current or upcoming task that overwhelms you with a lot of anxiety, divide the task into a series of smaller steps and then complete each of the smaller tasks one step at a time. Completing these smaller activities will make the stress more manageable and increase your chances of success.

2.  Take a break: Sometimes we get stressed out when everything happens all at once. When this happens, take a deep breath and try to find something to do for a few minutes to get your mind off of the problem. A person can get some fresh air, listen to some music, or do an activity that will give them a fresh perspective on things.

3.  Get all of the facts of the situation: Gathering the facts of a certain event can prevent us from relying on exaggerated and fearful assumptions. By focusing on the facts, a person can rely on what is reality and what is not. This is a great way to take control of your mental health.

4.  Use Self-Visualization: Sometimes, we can get anxious over a task that we will have to perform in the near future. When this happens, visualize yourself doing the task in your mind. For instance, you have to play in the championship volleyball game in front of a large group of people in the next few days. Before the big day comes, imagine yourself playing the game in your mind. By doing this, you will be better prepared when the time comes.

5.  You can’t predict the future: While the consequences of a particular fear may seem real, there are usually other factors that cannot be anticipated and can affect the results of any situation. We may be ninety-nine percent correct in predicting the future, but all it takes is for that one percent to make a world of difference.

6.  Think of a red stop sign: At times, a person might encounter a fearful thought that may be difficult to manage. When this happens, visualize a red stop sign, which can serve as a reminder to stop thinking about that thought. Regardless of how scary the thought may be, do not dwell on it. This technique is great in dealing with your negative thinking and will help reduce your fears.

7.  Get some help: Sometimes, it helps to be able to talk to someone about your stressful situations. Talking to a trusted friend, counselor, or clergyman can give you additional advice and insights on how to deal with your current problem. Overcoming fear and anxiety takes practice. In time, you will become better able to deal with your stressful problems.

Latest posts by Stan Popovich (see all)